CH230 DIGITAL ORP CONTROLLER
DIGITAL ORP CONTROLLER
The CHEMTROL® 230 ORP Controller is a simple, easy to use controller designed to monitor and maintain the Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP or Redox) of neutral-type sanitizers - such as bromine or dichlor - that do not require pH control.
SANITIZER CONTROL MADE EASYThe CHEMTROL® 230 is a microprocessor-based digital controller designed to maintain the sanitizer ORP (oxidation-reduction potential or Redox) level in high-end residential pools, small commercial pools and spas and light industrial applications.
- All Functions on Front Panel
- Adjustable Setpoints
- Adjustable Alarms
- Proportional Feed
- Overfeed Safety Timers
- Waterproof Cabinet
- Easy to install
- Simple to use
- 5-year Electronics Warranty
- Toll-Free Technical Support.The bright LCD display shows ORP readings, calibration adjustments and alarm limits. The five LED lights indicate the operating mode (OFF, Manual or Auto), feed status, out-of-range alarms and overfeed alarms.
The front panel controls include setpoint, calibration, low and high alarm limits, safety timer limit and proportional feed adjustment.
Feed control is either ON/OFF or Proportional. The Proportional Feed feature is particularly useful to avoid overfeeding in small bodies of water. It reduces the feed cycle time progressively as the sensor reading gets closer to the setpoint.
EASY TO INSTALL
Installation of the CHEMTROL® 230 is as easy as 1-2-3.
- CONTROLLER - Connect the controller to the 110 or 230V output of the Timer in parallel to the recirculation pump. This will prevent accidental feeding of chemicals when the pump is not running. Make sure to follow the electrical code.
- SENSOR - Install the ORP sensor on the recirculation line or on the optional bypass line. The sensor can be mounted directly on the main recirculation line with a 2" PVC tee, as shown on the schematic. For recirculation lines over 2" in diameter lines, the sensor should be mounted on a 1/2" bypass line.
- CHEMICAL FEEDER - Connect the chemical feeder to the 110 or 230V controller output, according to the manufacturer's instructions, making sure to inject the chemicals downstream of the sensor. For a bromine or chlorine erosion feeder, install a corrosion-resistant solenoid valve on the intake line of the feeder. The controller is compatible with most ozonators and electrolytic generators.
SIMPLE TO OPERATE
The CHEMTROL® 230 ORP Digital Controller automatically maintains the sanitizer ORP (oxidation-reduction potential or Redox) level.
All operating functions are clearly labeled and accessible from the front panel, with many safety and easy-reset features not found on other controllers:
- ORP setpoint from 400 to 900 mV,
- ORP feed mode: off, manual, automatic,
- ORP proportional control bandwidth from 0 to 100% of the setpoint,
- ORP high and low alarms from 400 to 900 mV,
- ORP overfeed safety timer from 0 to 999 minutes.
To select a function, simply press ORP and then the desired function. The display shows the current function value. Use the UP or DOWN arrows to adjust to the desired value.
The standard factory-set ORP control level is 700 mV, based on WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO) and NATIONAL SPA AND POOL INSTITUTE (NSPI) values for prevention of germs and bacteria.
To change the control level, press ORP and then SETPOINT. Use the UP or DOWN arrows to adjust the ORP setpoints. To save the new setpoint value and exit, press SETPOINT again.
The controller then automatically activates the chemical feeder for sanitizer feed, as required to maintain the set ORP levels - regardless of fluctuations in bather load, contamination and weather. Like a thermostat maintaining a constant temperature, it prevents overfeeding or underfeeding, both of which are detrimental to good water quality.
When there is an alarm condition, the corresponding display flashes the alarm value:
- ORP out-of-range,
- ORP overfeed.
The display stops flashing when the condition is corrected. To reset the overfeed timers, turn the feed mode to off and then back to Manual or Auto.
The ideal values are set as default values. They can be adjusted by the operator at any time. To reset all factory default values, press ORP for 5 seconds.
Adjustable from 400 to 900 mV
Platinum electrode with 10-ft (3 m) cable
ORP (3 digits) LEDs
Manual, automatic, proportional
Setpoint, calibration, limits, feed rate
LEDs for feed mode, feed status, alarms
Audio, visual and remote alarms
Out-of-range limits and overfeed safety timers
Polystyrene 9x7x4 in. (22x18x10 cm)
110V, 230V or 24 VAC (specify)
PVC tees for 1-1/2" or 2" line
5 years on electronic module
1 year on all other parts
BROCHURE FOR PRINTING
Technical brochures are always available free of charge by calling our office. For faster service, you can print good quality customer brochures on your own printer from the following Acrobat file.
This file is a Portable Document Format (PDF) file in Adobe Acrobat format. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free software that lets you view and print it. If you don't yet have Acrobat Reader on your computer, you can download it now from:
Go to Top